It's patterned after some of the things we saw in DabbleDB that we thought would be a nice have for list template on OpenACS.
Just last week Dave demoed Ajax List Template at the OpenACS conference at Guatemala.
So how is this related to YUI 2.5.
Well, with the release of 2.5 comes the Data Table control and from the looks of it we'll be rewriting the Ajax List Template to use it soon. The current version uses YUI menus and a lot of back-end code. With the Data Table control it seems we will be able to "progressively enhance" a list template better than how we did it now.
In addition to the Data Table control, a few more notable additions include :
- I'm not totally sure but this looks like it's based on Julien Lecomte's image cropper widget
- This looks like the layout manager that ExtJs has.
- Looks like this is a flash based experimental file uploader based on the one they have at Flickr
- I still like SwfUpload though :-)
- This utility will relieve us all of mucking around with the drag and drop api to make elements resizable with YUI :-)