Monday, January 08, 2007

Are you on the list ?

I don't get to watch a lot of television. Heck, it's been so long since I've been to a movie theatre I can't even remember what it's like inside. It's a good thing because by the time I figure out that it's something I like to watch ...

- It'll be on the internet (e.g. youtube, peekvid, dailymotion).
- If it's a TV series, I can watch all the episodes in succession without worrying about schedules.

One thing I did notice about my TV and movie habits is how many of the stuff I watch are about super heroes. Not heroism in the patriotic everyday sense but rather seemingly ordinary people with extraordinary abilities.

Hero is no exception.

What's different about it is that, it's good, really good. It's the kind of series that makes you ask the obvious questions but it keeps you engaged with the wonder of discovering the answers. Like the recent big screen encarnations of Spiderman and Superman, the writers attempt to add the 'human' component. The characters are not portrayed as 'super heroes' but human beings with special abilities. Yes, there's a difference. The former connotes a level that you or I can never achieve while the latter identifies us mere mortals with the characters.

If you're in the US, you'll be able to see the episodes from http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/episodes/. Outside the US, I would suggest http://www.peekvid.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment