I have yet to determine whether this works. I'll know when I finally upgrade the database but things look pretty good.
Here's how I went about it with SVK:
- I downloaded a copy of cvsroot to my dev machine. This is a precaution, I don't want to mess with the main repository.
- Use svk to create a mirror of the cvs repository you just downloaded
- You should end up with an svk repository of everything from cvs
- Detach the mirror
- Identify the vendor branch
- Get a CVS export from OpenACS 5.2.2 stable
- Import the cvs export to the vendor branch
- Perform an smerge between the vendor branch and the project branch