Monday, January 09, 2006

Learning from your mistakes

I've never been to a John Maxwell seminar. I see him on billboards and I've heard good things about his seminars on radio. I've passed a couple of his books at the bookstore but I never found the interest to pick one up and leaf thru the pages.

Looks like I'll be changing my mind now .... My favourite part of this feature article is his quote.

"Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You can name them -- work, family, health, friends, and spirit -- and you're keeping all of these in the air and you will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it'll bounce back; but the other four balls -- family, health, friends, and spirit -- are made of glass.If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, or even shattered. They'll never be the same, and you must understand that and strive for the balance of your life. "

Read more at money.inq7.net/features...

No comments:

Post a Comment