Monday, December 19, 2005

My Aging IBM Laptop

I'm posting this in part to see if blogger can handle picture attachments properly.

That's a pic of my old iSeries laptop.

Like all IBM laptops, the keyboard is legendary but like all aging equipment, minor quirks begin to manifest themselves.

One gripe right now is the battery. It does not seem to carry a charge anymore. The laptop would just die even when I am on AC. I have to remove the battery to run it. I have yet to have the battery checked.

The lcd is not as bright as before, probably needs its inverter replaced. Either that or the LCD lamp.

It's still on my desk, gathering dust.

It's running SUSE 10 OSS now and I use it for nothing more than occasional surfing and as an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning :-)



1 comment:

  1. ok looks like blogger does not handle image attachments, I had to upload that image myself :-)

    ReplyDelete