Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Beware Paypal Phishing


phishing
Originally uploaded by osirishinzen.
I received an e-mail today supposedly from PayPal, telling me that my account has been changed to a limited access account.

Here are the tell tale signs that told me instantly that this was a phishing attempt :

* The e-mail address was sent to ham at solutiongrove.com instead of the e-mail address I used to sign up for Paypal
* The FROM field is from update@service.com. Shouldn't it at least be from an e-mail address in the paypal domain ?
* When I mouseover the login link, I noticed that it goes to http://residents.oakbrookwalk.com/loggin.php.

A good thing is that if I had failed to see the signs above, Firefox would have warned me instantly that it's a phishing site.

No comments:

Post a Comment